Roebuck Wholesale Nursery and Landscaping is looking to add an experienced Lawn Care Technician to our Team. The position would provide Applications of various chemicals (fertilizers, herbicides, fungicides, etc.) to high-end residential and commercial customers in order to maintain weed-free landscapes.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Chemical applications to turf, native grass areas, shrubs, landscaped beds, trees, ornamental plants, concrete/paved areas, mulch and rock beds; manual removal of weeds.
- Apply chemicals per schedule, safety procedures and label instructions
- Spraying of liquid chemicals, including fertilizers, fungicides, herbicides and insecticides.
- Analyze, diagnose and treat issues related to fertilization, weeds, pests, diseases and other abnormalities.
- Be selective in the chemical controls used to insure against an improper application or damage to turf, trees or shrubs.
- Calibrate sprayers and spreaders, perform accurate measurements and mixing of chemicals.
- Deep-Core Aeration, Turf and Native Seeding.
- Dress appropriately, in uniform, with proper safety gear for applications.
- Comply with laws and regulations regarding the use of pesticides and licensing requirements.
- Maintain Commercial Pesticide Applicator License.
- Clean and maintain equipment on regular basis to ensure proper working order.
- Complete daily paperwork as required by each job, perform accurate and timely record keeping.
- Possess and maintain a valid US Driver License.
- Possess and maintain Commercial Pesticide Applicator License.
- Knowledge of turf grasses and the pests and diseases that affect them.
- Knowledge of horticultural pesticides, pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers and their proper use.
- Knowledge of backpack sprayers, spreaders and calibration equipment; Experience with chemical rates and mixing.
- Basic math skills and conversions required to measure and mix proper amounts of liquids and granular products.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more, unassisted.
- Ability to interact professionally with all customers, employees and those from external organizations.
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
Pay is based on experience
Job Type: Full-time
- South Carolina (Required)